First class blues rooted in the heart of the North East.....
Album Preview: 'Nothing To Lose'
- 18 Jan-18: Sour Grapes, Morpeth
- 19 Jan-18: The Cleveland Bay, Yarm
- 24 Jan-18: Quakerhouse, Darlington
- 06 Mar-18: Tuesday Night Music Club, Coulsdon, Surrey
- 07 Mar-18: Anchor Inn, Sevenoaks, Kent
- 08 Mar-18: Wrotham Arms, Broadstairs
- 10 Mar-18: Blues at Barleylands, Billericay
- 24 Mar-18: Bowness Bay Blues Festival, Storrs Hall Hotel 5.30-7.00pm
- 08 Apr-18. Three Greyhounds Inn, Great Asby, Nr Appleby 5.00pm
- 29 Apr-18: Schooner Inn, Gateshead
- 06 May-18: Thornhill Inn, Thornhill Blues Festival 5pm
- 27 May-18: Tyne Bar, Newcastle
- 11 Jul-18 Sunderland Tall Ships
- 29 Jul-18: Tap and Spile, Hexham
- 19 Aug-18: Sour Grapes, Morpeth
- 26 Aug-18; Tyne Bar, Ouseburn Blues and Rock Festival
- 16 Sep-18: Darlington Blues Festival
- 13 Oct-18: TBA
- 15 Nov-18 The Bassment, Chelmsford
- 16 Nov-18 Big House Blues Bar, Darwen
- 25 Jan-18: Old Cinema Launderette, Gilesgate, Durham
- 24 Mar-18: Bowness Bay Blues Festival, Quayside Bar 12.30-2.30pm
- 30 Jun-18: Philadelphia Beer Festival
- 13 Jujy-18: Marina Vista, Sunderland. Tall Ships Celebration Dinner. SOLD OUT.
- 03 Aug-18; Barrel Ale Bar, Berwick
- 31 Aug-18: National Glass Centre - 'Blues and Bourbon' Night
- 22 Sep-18: Cheviot Folk Club
- 12 Oct-18: Southport Blues Festival, support for Dr Feelgood
- 21 Oct-18. Coach and Horses, Dronfield, East Midlands
“Hall of Fame inductee, founding member of Sunderland Blues Club and a performer for over 40 years, George Shovlin is legendary on the north east blues scene. In a crowded pub on the banks of the River Tyne, former teacher Mr Shovlin and his band gave a master class in timeless electric blues with an outstanding, high energy, entertaining 2-hour set.
Blues afficienado Dave Scott